fire inspector 1
Sun City Fire & Medical Department is currently hiring for a full-time f-Fire Inspector I. To be considered for the first review of applicants, application packet must be received by March 22, 2018. The job posting will remain open until the position is filled.
Sun City is the first active, planned adult community in Arizona. The Sun City Fire District (dba Sun City Fire & Medical Department) was formed on June 16, 1966 and is one of the busiest of the 170+ fire districts in Arizona. The Sun City Fire District is 17.5 square miles and encompasses the communities of Sun City, Youngtown, and Citrus Point. The Sun City Fire & Medical Department is part of metropolitan Phoenix area consortium of fire departments that include Phoenix, Glendale, Peoria, Tempe, Tolleson, Laveen and Daisy Mountain. Our three fire stations are geographically distributed throughout our community.
The primary goals of the Sun City Fire & Medical Department Fire Prevention Office are life safety, property protection, and community education. The Fire Prevention Office serves several functions such as:
- Perform annual or semi-annual inspections of commercial occupancies within the Sun City Fire District boundaries in an effort to enhance life safety, reduce fire hazards and to create and maintain a safe environment.
- Perform plan review and building Inspections of new structures or revisions to existing buildings to ensure compliance with the adopted codes and ordinances of the Fire District.
- Perform Inspections based on complaints from citizens, observations expressed by firefighter crews and false alarm calls or alarm panel notifications in businesses to ensure compliance with the adopted codes and ordinances of the Fire District.
Compensation, benefits, and qualifications
Hourly Pay Rate (Range): $24.14—$30.74 hourly (Depending on Qualifications)
Benefits: Sun City Fire & Medical Department offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes: medical, dental, and vision coverage; life insurance; Arizona State Retirement; Deferred Compensation Plan (457b) and Post Employment Health Plan (PEHP) both with employer contributions; tuition reimbursement plan; paid time off; and holiday pay. More information available upon request by contacting the Human Resources Division at (623)974-2321.
Minimum Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each essential duty as listed in the job description (see below) including:
Minimum requirements for this position are:
- 18 years of age or older;
- valid Arizona driver’s license;
- high school diploma or GED equivalent;
- two (2) years of experience in fire prevention or related inspection work;
- documentation that provides proof of identity and employability as required by IRCA law.
Successful applicants must to obtain and maintain the ICC Fire Inspector Level 1 Certification within 180 days of hire or promotion date. Oral interviews will begin sometime in late March—early April, 2018.
Selection Process: Applicants whose experience and skills most closely meet the needs of this position may be invited to participate in a testing process. Selection Criteria may include any or all of the following: review of submitted application; written examination and/or assessment center; physical ability test; oral board; background/ driver’s license verification and check; and conditional offer of employment physical / psychological exam and/or drug screen.
Preference points will be given to veterans.
Application Process: Applications packets will be accepted until 5:00 p.m, March 22, 2018. Completed application packets must be returned by email to email@example.com, by secure fax to (623) 974-2321, by mail or hand delivered to:
- Sun City Fire & Medical Department Administrative Offices
- 18602 N. 99th Avenue, Sun City, AZ 85373
- Office Hours: 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday—Thursday (excluding holidays)
Incomplete application packets will be rejected.
The Sun City Fire & Medical Department is looking for some exceptional men and women to become valued members of our professional, innovative, and progressive public safety agency.
Sun City Fire & Medical Department is currently establishing a testing roster for full-time and part-time Paramedic and EMT positions through National Testing Network. Projected recruitment is late spring/early summer 2018.
Minimum requirements for this position are: 18 years of age or older; valid Arizona driver’s license; current Arizona State emergency medical technician (EMT) or certified emergency paramedic (CEP) certification; high school diploma or GED equivalent; documentation that provides proof of identity and employability as required by IRCA law.
This position requires both MedicTEAM written exam and Medic Mile. A valid CPAT (within the last six months) will be accepted in place of the Medic Mile. Oral interviews will begin April 2017.
The application and testing process is done through National Testing Network. Go to www.nationaltestingnetwork.com for more information.